Monday, April 04, 2005

Pictures!

On Saturday, my whole family left for West Malaysia to my daddy's hometown in Kluang, Johor for tomb sweeping. The roads were bumpy but still we arrived at my Granny's place in one piece. 5 pieces actually, to be exact. Cos there were 5 of us. Wahahaha! What a lousy joke. Anyway...



This is me, in a cab on my way to meet Daddy at Outram Park MRT Station, after passing the books to Master NuA-iXt at Pearl Center. Oh yes! I got to meet his girlfriend for the first time after so long. Wahahaha~ Led my thoughts to Hong cos it seemed that Master NuA-iXt always attracted the girls that Hong was attracted to. Master NuA-iXt's gf and myself included. But that was eons ago, dar, so please do not worry. I have long gotten over Master NuA-iXt already. I have pretty eyes. I know you agree. Say it!

I'm shameless, yes. I love myself. Haha!

I was dead beat when I finally reached Granny's home. Crashed on the couch in the hall while Dad and Mom went to one of the schools there to conduct music classes; both sisters tagged along with them. When they returned, we went to our all-time favourite restaurant for dinner. I've been going there since I was young, and only on Saturday evening did I realise that its name is....



Hey! Ah Huat!! I didn't know you have a restaurant there! OMG. Next time I go, I must show them your picture liao, so that my daddy can get a discount. Wahahaha~~!!

**Ah Huat is a schoolmate of mine in SRJC who happens to share the same name as the restaurant. I took this picture specially for Ah Huat to see.**

After we finished dinner, Uncle drove sis and I to The Store for some daily-necessities shopping. The Store is not The Store ala The One. It just has a name that means it is The Store for shopping. Have I confused anyone yet? Hah. Anyway L'Oreal skincare products there are really cheap, compared to the prices in local stores so I grabbed a bottle of the Pure Zone Toner. It's a steal at just RM17.90. Local stores are selling it at S$14.90 okay. See the price difference? I bought 2 bottles of Renu Multiplus as well... Heck. Like anyone would care about what I bought. Anyway... Nothing interesting happened that night so...

Early next morning...



The cemetery where Grandpa is buried at. This is the very first cemetery I have ever visited in my entire 22 years. We reached there blerdy early at 7am and the air was fresh.. Very fresh.



Grandpa's grave is the one on the right. I can't remember why I took the picture at this angle. Funny, huh. The green patch of grass has been well-maintained by the caretaker and we call it Grandpa's Garden. Granny will be buried here after she passes. I think Grandpa's grave is very nicely done.



We had to cover Grandpa's Garden with both white and coloured pieces of paper. For what reason, I wasn't able to find out. We noticed other families setting off firecrackers, fireworks and crackers during the tombsweeping as well and the noise was deafening. 15-second sound clip of the firecrackers going off here



If you look closely, there are many joss sticks in front of his tombstone.. Uncle says this shows that Grandpa had lots of children and grandchildren. Which is very true. He has 9 sons and a daughter, and each have at least 2 children. Some of these grandchildren already have children of their own. Which means, Grandpa has great-grandchildren as well.



Some of my cousins helping to lay the pieces of paper on Grandpa's Garden. The big lady on the left is the wife of my eldest uncle. She's holding candles in her hand which we're supposed to arrange nicely around the perimeter of Grandpa's Garden and light up after that.



Da Bo (eldest uncle) burning the incense paper with Xiao Shu (youngest uncle)..



More burning... Check out the growing flame.



Fiery!



That's Mom on the right... Youngest Uncle is the one in the off-white polo tee, and he's my favourite uncle. He used to bring me shopping and tasting different snacks in town, drove me to his (then) girlfriend's (now wife) place and we watched cows graze in the fields on the way.



Lots of moo-lah for Grandpa...



Last picture before we called it a day..



Tired!

2 comments:

  1. RIDICULOUS! Nvr expect that u went to the cemetery with make-up.

    Is it for the died to see or u just want to impress your visitors how pretty u are? U went there to pay respect, not having any party, gal.

    U didn't even hv make-up when u took pictures with your dar, sis, friends & etc..... PLS RESPECT THE DIED!

    This is similar to 'dress for the right occasion'.

    Hope that u are not annoy when u see this comment. Im only giving my advise, not to offend u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.

    Haven't you heard of Photoshop yet? I haven't learnt yet how to add beautiful eyelashes to my eyes else I would've done so already.

    I was dressed right for the day, FYI. I was in a t-shirt, jeans and canvas shoes. Not appropriate? Bah.

    ReplyDelete