On Friday, I wrote about a singing competition I attended.
It was at Punggol CC, I heard the minimum age required for one to sign up with the competition was 35.
Obviously, I was NOT one of the contestants, like my sister thought. Do I look like I'm 35 years and a day old to you? I hope not.
So...
What's the difference between a plate and a piece of pi sai?
Totally irrelevant, I know, but when Dar asked me this question and told me the answer via SMS, I was in fits of laughter.
By the way, pi sai is otherwise known as booger in English. Thanks to Yapster for enlightening me just 3 seconds ago.
Post answers okay.
I promise to reveal the answer tomorrow, or later when I feel like it. Bwahahaha!!
Anyway I have 3 pics to share. One pic per day of the weekend.
Like I mentioned, I attended this singing competition on Saturday. Dar was guest singer.
GUEST SINGER!! *applause applause*
We left the room for a smoke break (him, not me. I don't smoke.) and he already had fans who went up to him and complimented him for his singing. I'm so proud! I started dreaming of being a Superstar-tai-tai when a llama came up from behind me and sneezed at me, covering me with smelly, green half-chewed grass and some yellow mucus. YUCK!! Shattered my dreams to bits and pieces. SOB! I started crying and Dar slapped me with a smelly, large trout and threatened to burn my cilia if I didn't stop dreaming.
I listened to him, because I didn't want to become a dragon who breathed fire into the nose, instead of out.

Not very glamourous attire, but very smart!
I have yet to mention how horrible the whole session was. It started at about 4pm, and ended close to midnight. Some croaked, some screamed, some mumbled, and some sang. I could not bring myself to appreciate whatever they were singing, because..
1. I don't listen to Hokkien songs.
2. I wasn't born in their era.
3. I found the lyrics of the songs quite silly.
4. Most of the singing was horrigible.
5. The sound system was lousy. So loud that my ears hurt, damn much.
I was there to give support to my future MIL la, cos she was competing for the first time in her life. I applaud her courage because I have contemplated joining similar competitions (aka Talentquest 2004), even signed up for, but backed out before any formal audition started. No guts lah. That's why no glory.
Anyway I thought she was quite good, compared to other contestants. I just can't bring myself to call them singers. And her dress was fabulous, it made her look at least 5 years younger than her actual age. The winner of the Best Dressed Contestant award looked like a vamp, in my opinion. And I meant Vampire. What were you thinking? The winner of that BDC wore a black, tight fitting black top, bright purple Victorian hoop skirt, tiara and choker. NO!!! The colour combination is so so so so damn wrong.
Can you imagine THIS colour with black? It's just wrong.
And her face was so heavily made up, I was afraid that if I knocked into her face accidentally, it would crumble to pieces and reveal very wrinkled, pale skin with freckles.
And one of my FMIL's friends looked as grotesque, I really don't wish to recall how she looked like. I think this should suffice.

She looks milder, but still resembles a witch.
I'm damn mean, I know, to say someone looks like a witch, but can't help it lah. It's the truth, anyway.
Enough of Saturday. It was boring. And hot. And tiring. I played The Sims when I got home, till 3am. WhoopS!!
On Sunday, I went to Shirley-jie's house and did nothing constructive except take a picture of my cutest little cousin, Sebastian.

It's hard to snap a picture of Sebastian, au naturel. His smiles are super fake whenever I ask him to smile for the camera.
Last night, I went to watch Divergence with Dar, Shirley-jie and Edward.
Crap show.
I wonder why I've been watching crap shows recently. Total waste of money and the tickets are bloody expensive now!! I could've poured a bucket of blood over whoever-raised-movie-tix-prices, only, I dunno who did it. URGH!!
Had dinner with FMIL and FFIL and shoppped around Bugis a bit and saw this!

Pardon the lousy camera and the guy blocking my view. I was in a rush to go off to another place. Note that this is an aquarium and there's a television in the middle. Damn cool!
Went home and played The Sims somemore and that concludes my weekend.
Exciting?
No comments:
Post a Comment