Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ta-da! First post in a while!

Hi all!

I think this is going to be the longest entry in a long while, with everything being summarised to little bits.

Have been busy with work lately, and the lousiest part about work is that there's no internet access unless the boss thinks its justified to give you internet access for work. Very ngiao!

So anyway, have been working with this company for close to 4 months already, and Baby Roy is coming close to being 5 months of age. He is able to turn to lie on his tummy, and he loves to do that. He would rest his head on his arms and lift it up again whenever he thinks it's tummy time and he laughs and babbles a lot. The fun thing is when he cries, he says "ma ma"... Very shiok to hear that! Haa..~~

I'm bringing him to my office for a walk tomorrow because everyone's asking me when I'm bringing my baby over, and after that, it's games and chit-chat with the girls at Minds Cafe (dunno where it is though) and I'm so looking forward to a relaxing day where there're no thoughts of work. Yay!

Last weekend we caught Slither, and it sucked. Low-class entertainment. Not really very scary too.

These few weeks of the GSS has drained my wallet... Not much shopping for me for a long while now... Perhaps just for baby stuff.

Actually, come to think of it, there's nothing much to blog about because life has become quite boring ever since I started work. My only console is the thought of being able to see my darling Baby Roy at the end of a long, long day and spending the weekend with Roy doing Mommy-Baby stuff. Every morning when I leave for work, I have to see and kiss my darling and say "See you tonight, honey. Be a good boy." My mind is filled with thoughts of a smiling Baby Roy; and even my workstation is plastered with pictures of this little boy, ever since he was a newborn till now, at nearly 5 months of age.

Work is of course not very smooth-sailing, and I am really surprised to find that there are still people who cannot adapt to change, even subtle change and will grumble at every little thing. I feel so disappointed to be working in a company where people are afraid to voice out their opinions/suggestions to improve the workflow; where people are unable to judge what the important things and what are not... etc. Sometimes I just cannot help but tell myself that that's precisely the reason why some people are stuck at the same level in the corporate ladder even after 20 years of continuous service. I just have to constantly remind myself that I cannot be like them, or I will never advance.

Right now I'm just looking forward to opportunities where I can upgrade myself, equip myself with more skills and higher abilities so that I don't have to do these shit work anymore.

The other night we went to Sun, a Japanese restaurant at Chijmes. The food there was good, fresh and expensive. Want some pictures?


Avocado and Soft Shell Roll


Tempura


White crab and murret roe rice

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment