Saturday, January 20, 2007

Finally!

Finally settled everything at work and commencing my maternity leave, with effect from today.

Last few weeks had been kinda hectic, trying to clear up my work and to teach the new person covering my duties. Been pissed off by the supervisor who thinks she's oh-so-clever and done the planning so well when it's actually shit. How can you finish teaching and ensuring that your cover has understood your job function and mastered your work in 5 days? I don't want to be clearing shit when I'm back, so I gladly gave the new person permission to call me when she needs help. Sigh.

Anyway, Baby Roy had his first birthday celebration at where his Mommy and Daddy had their wedding dinner and.. cost us a bomb. But I'm glad he enjoyed it. I actually teared when everyone was singing him the Happy Birthday song cos I felt so proud of my little boy and so glad to see that all of us survived his first year.




















With Daddy, outside the restaurant. No fancy party or decorations, just a nice family dinner with all his grandparents, uncles and aunties.



Happy little family with little sister coming soon!

It is 6 more days to my due date and it's getting kinda nerve-wrecking these few days cos I had my scan a week ago, captured little girl's face on the ultrasound film and was told that she could weigh 3.2kg or more at 37+4 weeks gestation. Roy was born 4.035kg and I guess his baby sister will weigh around that much as well. I had a hard time delivering him, don't want a repeat this time. *shivers* Have been getting a lot of those braxton-hicks and most of the time they're accompanied with pain though not regular enough for me to pack up my stuff and head to the hospital. Not that I haven't packed my stuff already.

Not really prepared to deliver yet but looking forward to meeting my little girl. According to the image of her face in the ultrasound, she looks really chubby and has a cute nose. And big eyes. Oh, have I mentioned, Roy looks exactly like Daddy when he was a year old? And to think I couldn't really find any similarity in their physical features.

Shu Uemura stuff are good. I especially love his cleansing oil and Depsea Therapy series. Going to get more stuff from them next month, when Lina gets to use her 20% birthday discount. Hee. Just wonder why they don't have a local online store...

Construction of our new flat has commenced, and we're really excited at the prospect of having our own home, just the 4 of us. Haven't thought of a name for our little girl, but I want her to have a strong personality who cannot be pushed around easily by others. I have thought of Lareina "The Queen". I really like it. There's also Trysten for "Strong", Morrigan for "Great Queen" and Dionne for "Divine Queen". What do you think?

Hubby's in the midst of a sorta merger with another company, and it seems that if the discussion falls through, he's gonna have brighter prospects in the industry.

Life is definitely looking brighter for us, and I hope it will only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment