Went to the hospital at 3am after I felt that I was having contractions every 10-15 minutes and was 4cm dilated by the time the doctor came to see me at like 4.30am? .. Gave in to the pain and had my epidural and was only 6cm at 11am. THEN! At 11.10am I had a terrible urge to shit and I called the attending nurse who is also a midwife. She got the doc to check on me and guess what? I was already fully dilated and could start pushing.
So I pushed hard a few times followed by a few small pushes and there!
My little princess =)
Her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck though and when her body came out, she wasn't moving much and was quite pale. The midwife cleared her nose, smacked her feet and then she cried a little, just like her brother, Roy. Then she gave my little girl oxygen, cleaned and bundled her up nice and warm.
I didn't believe it was that easy to deliver the second child. I mean, it was quite a breeze and not as traumatising as delivering Roy. I didn't even need an episiotomy. But that was probably because my little girl is quite small compared to Roy. She weighed only 2.675kg but she's as tall as her brother at birth and she has really chubby cheeks too!
Let's compare!

So cute! Love them both!
No comments:
Post a Comment