I just got employed by Vervetue International... Doing outdoor sales... With one of their managers, Linus Chew. He stays just opposite my block! So qiao right... And he's younger than me by 2 years... Sigh. Manager leh... 20 years old only... Very good at sales, very smooth-talker. He can make a NO become a YES in less than ten minutes... But working with him is very stressful. His products move very fast and he also walk very fast.. That's why itz very stressful.. Ha ha! Anyway.. This company is really different from the other companies. We start work early.. Around 8.15am and finish at 7pm the earliest. But they are all still VERY VERY energetic despite working outdoors for the whole freaking day.. The MD started from scratch... 7 years ago .. when he was only 20 years old. MD at 27 okay!! Their staff are all so young.. The oldest are 24. (Excluding the MD of course) and I'm next oldest.. at 21. No one believes that I'm 21.. Is that a compliment or what? =)
Anyway.. Today we started at Manhattan House, moved on to People's Park Complex and then to Chinatown Point. I made only one sale.. But Vincent (the MD) was very encouraging, he said "Itz okay, we all start from zero, then to one, two, three..." I mean, this company... Has very good spirit.. Very different from all other places I've worked at. Everyone talks to everyone, there's no visible hierarchy in the company and everybody are friends. They have weekend activities, after-work activities, birthday celebrations and so on.. Cool right! I may be tempted to skip school all the way.. Haha!! I mean, if I can learn as much as I can from Linus before he goes to the army (Yes he's still waiting to be enlisted next month.. ) and work even harder than him, I may make it to the post of Manager faster than he did.. (He took 10 months only. He was the youngest A. Manager in direct sales at 17 years old.) A manager with their company draws a salary of at least 4K. Hmm... 22 years old drawing a salary of 4K with only 'A' Level qualifications... That will be.. Cool..! I'm really impressed by Linus, his attitude, mentality and all. One of the most impressive people I've ever met. That bugger once drew a paycheck of 8K okay. ..... :X
Damn tired now lah... My feet are going to split already.. Tomorrow we'll be at the Esplanade selling watches to tourists. What really impressed me about the company is that they're not VERY concerned about the amount of sales you do but more about the number of people you meet everyday. I think I will enjoy my stay with them.. Though their office a bit lok kok but they're fully equipped.
=========================================================
Danny called again today... I didn't answer the phone or reply to his messages for the last 2 months at least... He's rather.. irritating and I think he's damn rude to say those things to me the last time we talked on the phone. Now he say I show attitude...
=========================================================
This morning Linus and I went to work together. Okay we were supposed to meet at 7.15am at the playground but he didn't wake up until 7.30am.. Me too actually.. I woke up at 7am.. And mom was the one who came in to wake me up. So we had to take a cab to work... (I start work at 8.15am remember?) Jack called and I think he tried to hint that I'm trying to do something funny behind his back... I don't wanna explain lah..... This trust thingy.. Sometimes really I don't know what to say... If he wants to think I'm trying dirty tricks then go ahead... Itz very tiring to keep explaining... If he really wants us to be together then he should trust me rather than let his suspicions be aroused everytime he thinks I'm acting strangely. I just joined this company, I ought to know them better especially Linus since we will be working together everyday.. No? I mean, if I had wanted to leave, I would have done so already that morning.. Rather than cry until like dunno what....
============================================================
Heck care lah..
Think whatever you want. Can't be bothered already.
No comments:
Post a Comment