
Check it out!

I'm going to erase these horrible, rude and obscene messages from my tagboard. Goodbye, Dick Chan!
Aye.. I shall explain what's going on here. Remember I posted something about being careful when you're walking in the streets? Well, apparently this bugger came to my blog, read that post, found that he likes it [I think he was aroused by it, but I don't think he would still be aroused if the girl had been HIS girlfriend] inserted the SAME image in his blog by linking to it directly, thereby using MY bandwidth, and even put up the link to MY server so that people can go see it if they want. So I added two comments in his post, 3 days apart, which read
PrinCesS sTepH said...
I don't mind you linking your readers to where you got the picture from but I mind you stealing my bandwidth. Please host the picture on your own server and take down the link to MY server. FYI you're using MY bandwidth and its a crime. (You can check it out on the Internet. Google "bandwidth theft".) And in case you haven't realised, I'm the owner of the gif image of the guy pulling the girl's underwear. Thank you very much.
3/5/2005 03:27:07 PM
PrinCesS sTepH said...
You've got the guts to write such audacious stuff yet got no guts to reply my comment? Sheesh. I might decide to report your blog to MDA. :)
P/S: Please, for goodness sake, be nice and use your own bandwidth. You're using MY money.
3/8/2005 10:58:07 AM
I need to digress for a while.
For the uninitiated, bandwidth theft is equivalent to stealing and is a crime. Yuppie, it is a crime. Where did I get that information from, you ask.
Well, I had the mind to Google "bandwidth theft" to make sure that I wasn't spouting rubbish and it returned several results and it is from this webby that I got the information from. Read on...
Excerpt...
There are many forms of bandwidth stealing on the web today. However, the bandwidth theft PhenomenalWomen.com is focusing on here is image/graphic stealing, and is the bandwidth theft that occurs most. That is when you find an image you like and you are:
1. too cheap to have server space of your own to use -and/or-
2. too lazy to upload the image to your own server -and/or-
3. uneducated about the crime you are committing -or all of the above-
Crime? Yes, it is a crime. The person whose site the image is on that you are linking to for the source of the image is paying to display THEIR image on YOUR site.
First of all, the image belongs to them, not you. What right do you have to say; "Oh, wouldn't this look great on my site?" and just copy the image URL and use it on your site? You have no right at all. It is not your graphic. Even if it is a very common graphic, for example a bullet or an arrow, and you have seen it on many sites. The operative word here is "on." Get it? It is on a site. That site owner is paying one way or another to have that graphic displayed on the web. Perhaps they pay a monthly fee. Perhaps, they use a 'free' web service, however, they have limits on the amount of bandwidth they are allowed to use. By linking to the graphic, YOU have STOLEN from them one way or another.
.......(Some, okay, 3 paragraphs, of text omitted. Irrelevant to my case).......
Bottom line, if you want to use a graphic on your site, you must do these things: write to the site owner of the graphic that you would like to use on your site. •>ASK<•, repeat ASK them if you can use that graphic on your site. If they say yes, then thank them and be certain to thank them in the credits of your site. If they say no, swear a bit under your breath but under no circumstances do you link to the graphic thinking that "I'm not really using it on my site.. Since it is not on my server." Leave it alone and go find something else instead.
Does this text make you angry or are you grinning ear to ear? If you are feeling angry, you are one of those snatch and grab people who take what they want and say the heck with the rules. *WAvES hELLo tO Mr. Dick Chan* If you are smiling ear to ear, you are a site owner who is glad to see the text you have just read. It is in plain English and not sugar coated in any way. PhenomenalWomen.com understands this because so many images on this site are linked to and bandwidth stolen daily.
A warning: many site owners can track down and pinpoint exactly where their images are being used on other sites. When that happens, you will be in trouble. If you are new to the web, take the advice of this page as your first lesson and don't forget it.
Read the whole article HERE
Okay okay, I admit, I did not pay for the hosting on the server I use, but because this server monitors bandwidth used by the hour, once bandwidth for that hour is used up, they stop displaying whatever images I put on my webbies until the hour is over and with the humongous number of visitors who read his blog, my bandwidth gets used up pretty quickly and that is very irritating because I NEED that bandwidth for my own pictures.
ISN'T THIS VERY RUDE OF HIM?
If he had asked for permission, I would have gladly recommended him some nice servers who can host his images, like Imageshack, for example, although I personally prefer Hello for now.
And this very-rude-and-sick-pervert-who-probably-doesn't-get-laid-often-or-at-all
I must say I'm really flattered, and thanks but no thanks. I hate disgusting people like him. I don't even want a person like him to be an acquaintance of mine. Plus, I love my dar and we have plans to get married next year. So no chance, Dick! (By the way, Dick, you're damned fucking rude. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?)
Oops, did I just let the news out? Better then.. So friends can be ready for the red bomb next year. Muahahahaa!
No comments:
Post a Comment