Thursday, March 03, 2005

Funny!!

... (Very) Late Chinese New Year story about the Snail and the Tortoise.



Long long time ago, approximately 153 years ago, there lived a tortoise by the name of, well, Torre. Torre the Tortoise lived alone in the mountains and hardly anyone ever visits during the festive seasons. This particular Chinese New Year, he was feeling ever so grouchy and unhappy because he is, again, having 0 visitors visiting him for the 98th year running.


Suddenly...


"Kok kok kok!"


Torre the Grouchy Tortoise grumpily opened the door and was surprised to see a snail standing there, smiling at him.


"恭喜发财!新年快乐!" Slow the Snail happily greeted Torre the Grouchy Tortoise, offering 2 mandarin oranges at the same time.


Torre the Grouchy-and-by-now-Irritated Tortoise gave Slow the Innocent Snail a hard kick and sent him flying into the depths of the valleys.


"Nabeh.... Speak Chinese somemore..."


********

A year later....

********


It is again, Chinese New Year and Torre the Tortoise is still grouchy and living alone.

Suddenly...


"Kok kok kok!"


Torre the Grouchy Tortoise grumpily opened the door and was surprised to see Slow the Snail again.


At this point, Slow the Snail asked... "Why did you kick me?"





We had this conversation last night in the car on our way home after dinner. Youngest sis was talking about the ghost story I told them about during our CNY visiting trip to Malaysia. I'll tell the story another day. Anyway, she started to imitate the old lady in the story and I cut her off, saying that she doesn't sound like a ghost at all, and henceforth proceeded to talk as the old lady like how I did when I was telling them the story.


Second Sis then cut me off, saying

"You know how a ghost talk, meh?"

Dad: "Ya loh... You heard a ghost talk before ah?"

Me: stunned silence...

Second Sis: "A ghost doesn't talk. You know why?"


I shoot her a curious look.


Second Sis: "Cos they're afraid their tongues will roll out!! HA HA HA!!!"


Youngest Sis and I: "BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAA!!"


We almosted suffocated from all that laughing and then 2 seconds later,


Second Sis: "Especially those with long tongues! Cos it will be damn troublesome to roll the tongue back in place!! WAHAHAHAHAA!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment