Friday, March 10, 2006

It's Friday again!

Lots of happenings over the last 2 weeks.

Fell sick in the first week of March and had to go see the doctor close to the end of the day cos I was feeling really sick and feverish. Turns out I was having fever and I think I already wrote about it in my last entry........... Haa!~~

So....... This week I was sick again. Had a super bad headache, was dizzy and nauseous. Docs thought I was pregnant (not again!) but the HCG test turned out negative. Doc gave me tramadol and mefenamic acid for the pain but they still didn't really help much until after the third dose. Slept for 2 days, waking up only for dinner and to take a glance at Baby Roy. Sonia, our domestic help, took care of Roy at night so that I could rest and all of us are pretty happy with this arrangement so Baby Roy will be with her at night during the weekdays and with hubby and I during the weekends.

Baby Roy has grown so much, looks different from birth already but still as handsome and cute! He loves smiling and laughing and likes to coo at us. I'm so looking forward to his babbling! He loves to be carried with his head resting on my shoulder so that he can look at the world from my height (but still not very tall, LOL) and he loves ppl talking to him and laughing with him. I love him so much! I'm experiencing the love and bonding of a lifetime and it really feels wonderful to be Mommy to a clever and adorable baby.

Yup! My Roy is clever because .......... because I think he is clever. Hee hee hee.

I have great aspirations for him but I will not force him to do anything he is not interested in. I believe interests are cultivated from a young age so I'll let him get in touch with all sorts of stuff, from the arts to sports to martial arts. Maybe he can be proficient in every aspect and be an all-rounded over-achiever! Then I will be so very, very proud of him. Even if he is proficient in only one area, or none at all, I will still be proud of him as long as he has tried his best.

Think I got influenced by I Not Stupid Too. Even watched it twice with hubby. First time at Century Square and the second time also at Century Square but with my in-laws. Really good. Indeed the parent(s) should be responsible for all their kids' actions because they are supposed to educate children from young.

Should my son go astray one day, I will only blame myself for not parenting him well and not anyone else. I believe there is no standard way of parenting and those books on parenting should be read with a pinch of salt, no? Take some ideas from here, modify some ideas from there and ta-da! Your own set of parenting values that will work for your family.

A random thought came into my mind last night while I was sleeping.

Do babies dream? What do they dream of? Swimming in a sea of milk? Being buried by dirty diapers full of poop? Hmmm.... I keep looking at Baby Roy's pictures stuck on my monitor at work and miss him like crazy. I shall upload new pictures of him soon, promise.

1 comment: