Tuesday, July 09, 2013

38 weeks

It's been more than a year of no blogging and 38 weeks ... Of pregnancy with no. 3.

The (not so) new job has kept me really busy over the last 17 months and now I am taking a short 4 month break from the office and going crazy with the children at home.

Was supposed to start maternity leave only this week, but cos of some preterm labour scares, I've been on medical leave for the last 3 weeks and the planned maternity leave is officially starting only this week. We're naming the new little rascal Ryan, a name that husband and I both thought of independently and then realizing that we have both thought of the same name. He truly lives up to the meaning of his name - little king - as he has been giving me lots of false alarms with no sign of truly wanting to come say hi to the person whose body has been nurturing him for the past 38 weeks... 

I've had my "show" and started dilating at week 34 and had steroid jabs in case he's a preemie and has respiratory problems and then in 4 weeks, we've got to 4cm dilation and I'm getting really impatient and worried that he will come at the most unexpected moment so husband and I have decided to induce labour on 12 July as he will be 38+4 weeks. 

Hello Baby Ryan! Mommy has been waiting for you! I've got your basics ready and all we are waiting for is for you to make your grand entrance. 

3 weeks of medical leave has turned me into a hormonal monster of tantrums and uncontrolled emotions and its Roy and Raine who are bearing the brunt of it... Feeling so guilty about this but don't really know how to make it up to them, especially to Roy whom I've been putting pressure on ever since the new school term started. He's only 7, my goodness and I've yelled at him so much it's inappropriate.

Anyway, we're seeing Dr Chia again tomorrow and going to let her know our decision to induce labour this Friday. Right now I'm enjoying my time away from the four walls of home and enjoying a raspberry orange tea while waiting for sis to come have dinner with me~

No comments:

Post a Comment