Just one day short of two weeks from my previous post? I think so..
Sorry to my fans! *chuckles* I never knew I had fans. Hee.
So.. Anyway, I did not have access to my notebook at work cos I was stationed at someone else's workstation for the first week and it was really inconvenient to do anything else other than work and by the time I got home, I was already too burned out to do anything online.
On Friday, we went for dinner at Fortunate Restaurant at Toa Payoh in celebration of Father's Day with dar's family. Yum! There was a performance by local singer Chen Jin Lang and he was damn funny. And a little smelly.
On Saturday, we went to pick our wedding bands. From Pasir Ris to Tampines to Sengkang, and then finally choosing a pair from SK Jewellery at Pasir Ris. We fell in love with a pair from Tian Po (a long time ago actually), but it was out of our budget. The pair added up to about $1,400, after discounts.
On Sunday, we went for dinner at Fish & Co. in celebration of Father's Day with my family. The half-dozen oysters damn good!
The following week? I was told by boss not to go to work since she didn't have anything for me to do. Went for my obstetrics appointment on 20 June, and saw baby in the ultrasound; head, tail, arms and legs. So cute!! It was moving around at first but quietened down after a while. It measured 36mm at 10.4 weeks gestation. So small! The nurse who gave me my next appointment told me that at my next ultrasound scan in 10 weeks time, we will be able to know baby's gender if his/her legs are open. So excited can!!!
Slacked at dar's place over the next couple of days and went to catch Initial D on 23 June, the opening of the supposedly blockbuster. It was damn good! No spoilers from me... Just take my word that it's really good and worth the money, even for the $9.50 weekend show. Really. Star-studded and action packed. Also got a haircut at Chapter 2 at Bugis and... I liked their service. No more Storm Hair for me from now on.
The next day we went for dinner at an expensive Chinese restaurant at Forum Galleria.. Jade Palace something. Treat from dar's brother's gf's parents to the whole family and the food was really good. Know what we had for dessert? Sesame paste with ice-cream and almonds and a humongous platter of fruits.
Shirley-jie's solemnization ceremony at Holiday Inn Atrium the next day. Got up early at 8.30am to do my makeup and a mini fashion parade for dar in my room cos I didn't know what to wear. Grew fat and tubby over the last few weeks because of an erratic appetite and mixed-up tastebuds. Wanted to wear my white jersey skirt but he said it was too casual for the occasion. So I went in my black shoulder-tie spag top and beige pants with brown heels, just to look decent.
OMG, I almost cried at the solemnization because of the music and the atmosphere full of eternal love and happiness. I'm so, so, so looking forward to my ceremony with dar.
Went on to Party World at Shenton Way at night for a 4-hour session of singing.
Slept till 3pm the next day, then got up to help prepare for Dad's steamboat birthday dinner, with lots of guests, mostly his students.
And today? I missed work to go shopping at Orchard with dar and I am dead beat now! My feet are aching and I wish someone would give me a nice foot massage. Dar got himself a Renoma wallet and me a Braun Buffel one. Also bought myself a pink lip gloss with glitter in it from Red Earth with a strawberry fragrance. Yum yum! Very nice. I like! Smells good enough to eat, not that I tried to. Ha ha ha.
We also went to collect our rings from SK Jewellery at White Sands. We wanted to wear them already, but no one wears their wedding bands until at least after the solemnization ceremony, right? Yeah.
Thanks to those who have left comments in my comments link and chatterbox to say they care, but do leave a name next time ya? =)
*Yawns*
Very tired already. Shall go sleep now. Still need to work tomorrow...
U shld upload the solemnization ceremony photographs as well as some updated pictures of yourself. I guess it must be very beautiful. Can't wait to see all those nice scene, people & gorgeous u. Cheers to a young, pretty and cute pregnant gal!!!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeletenice to see u back.
Agreed with you the joy. My wife is expecting and due on 5/10.
All my best wishes to you.
From
Hoon and Angela
hoonts@gmail.com
Why don't u blog on weekend? Understand u are working on weekday & by the time u knock off from work u r tired as mentioned. Probably u wanted to give up blogging that's why u don't bother anymore.
ReplyDelete