Tuesday, December 27, 2011

CNY online shopping post-mortem

I am so disappointed.

Not like very disappointed, but just rather disappointed.

Placed two separate orders for a total of 6 clothing items, of which 3 were dresses, 1 t-shirt, 1 jumpsuit and 1 top.

Of the 3 dresses, 1 was too short to be a dress and to be honest, I am short enough that some tops qualify as dresses for me while still being a top on my taller friend or sisters. So that piece which looked absolutely like a dress (from pictures) was really only long enough to cover my ass, which totally makes it just a top. Maybe the model is just really short.. I don't know. Another dress was in a different colour (pink) than the picture (grey) which I didn't really mind, since pink is so my colour, you know, and it's good for Chinese New Year visiting. Only thing is, I don't know what to pair it with because I don't go sleeveless omgwtf. and it's revealing, like reveals half my boobs which I'm sure the husband will not approve. The last dress is meh and nothing worth mentioning.

Next, the jumpsuit! Ahhh... Pictures are worth a thousand words, but not when the actual colour varies so much from the picture that it's totally unacceptable. From pics, the colour is like khaki, beigey but the actual piece is in a horrendous, aunty-ish colour that the husband immediately cringed at. I'm glad I get to return it!

The t-shirt is cute, a sweet pink with brown polka dots but I'm worried that it is too cute for me. argghh! and the last item that came in the mail, a white top is .. okay, I guess.

I am swearing off online shopping for now. At least for those blogshops and gmarket sellers who seem to be selling clothes from Taiwan but actually are really lousy replicas made in China. Meeehhhhh. I think I'd rather save my money for a design which I might easily get from those sellers but in a much better fit and quality fabric like the one I got yesterday, ethnic trina romper from Guess. It's from this year's collection and I got it at 50% discount!!


What a steal!

So, note to self: no more shopping from made-in-China blogshops!

2 comments: